This contract of carriage entered on the day of booking between the Shipper and Star World Express.
1. This is non-negotiable instrument.
2. Star World Express will only carry goods which is the property of the Shipper and the Shipper warrants that it is authorized to accept and in accepting these conditions not only on behalf of itself but also as Agent for or on behalf of others who are or may thereafter become interested in the goods. The Shipper hereby undertakes to indemnify Star World Express against any damages, costs and expenses resulting from any breach of Warranty.
3. Star World Express does not accept hazardous, combustible or explosive materials, contraband, precious metal or stone in any form, jewellery, negotiable securities, negotiable instruments, currency, un-cancelled postage or revenue stamps, antiques, livestock, plants or any perishable commodities etc. and good which are prohibited by Railways, Airlines or any other transport agency. In the event any Shipper should tender such items to Star World Express, the Shipper shall indemnify Star World Express for all claims. Damages and expenses arising in connection therewith and Star World Express shall have the right to deal with such items as it shall deem fit, including the right to abandon carriage of the same immediately upon gaining knowledge that such items have been tendered. Clients may carefully note, which infringe envelopes/packets must not contain any personal letter, currency notes, which infringe the Indian Postal Act, 1983 and the Indian Airlines Act, We accept envelops/ parcels in good faith that they do not contain anything that infringes the law.
4. Star World Express shall not be liable for any loss incurred due to causes beyond its control such as floods, accidents, fire, arson, loot, civil commotion, terrorists’ act or default or omission committed by the Shipper or consignee, or caused by situation beyond the control of Star World Express , and for any loss arising due t confiscation of good by any Government or Local Authority. Subsequently, Star World Express will not liable for any consequential loss or damage caused under the above mentioned circumstances.
5. Star World Express will take full care in ensuring timely pick-up and delivery of the consignments-however, Star World Express, under no circumstances. Will be liable for delay in pick-up transportation or delivery of any consignment regardless of the cause of delay.
6. All damages or shortages must be reported in writing to Star World Express Corporate Office, New Delhi, India, within 30 days of the issue of the Air Waybill failing which Star World Express under no circumstances will be liable to entertain the complaint(s).
7. Star World Express reserves the right to choose its routes of routing the consignments which may change from time to time.
8. Star World Express reserves the right to open/inspect any document/parcel/consignment in order to check misuse of our services by any unscrupulous people. Star World Express Shall have a lien on the goods for all freight charges, Custom duties, advances or charges of any kind arising out of this contract of carriage and may refuse to surrender possession of the goods until such charges are paid.
9. POD can be made available on specific request. However, such request must be made within 30 days of the dispatch of the consignment, otherwise the same would not be entertained as a rule.
10. Except as otherwise specifically provided in the contract, delivery of the goods will be made only to the consignee or the person to be notified by ordinary methods, Star World Express will not be liable for non-receipt or delay in receipt of such notice.
11. The Shipper shall comply with all the applicable laws, customs and other Government regulations of any country to, through or over which the consignment may be carried, including those relating to the packing, carriage or delay or the good and shall furnish such information and provide such documents as may be necessary to comply with such laws and regulations.
12. All consignments carried under this Consignment Note are carried under CARRIERS ACT and at OWNER’S RISK otherwise & until specifically agreed to by Star World Express by charging RISK CHARGES which at present as @ 2.0% of the value of consignment under OWNER’S RISK. Star World Express is not a Common Carrier and will only carry good subject to these conditions.
13. Consignors are advised to declare the value of the documents/parcels and get the same insured at their own cost to cover any loss/damage/delay and claim the damages, if any, from the insurance agency.
14. Octroi or any other charges levied by any Central, State or Local Authorities, wherever applicable, will be payable extra by the Shipper/Consignee.
15. Liability of Star World Express for any consequential losses, mis-delivery, delay or damage to any article/document/parcel sent through it, is to the extent of Rs. 100/- only.
16. Any disputes arising out of this Consignment Note and transaction/claim based on the same shall be decided/determined by an arbitrator to be appointed by the company and the arbitration proceeding shall be held at Haridwar only. All other litigations between the sender and the company are subject to the jurisdiction of court of Haridwar only.
17. No employee, except management, of Star World Express Limited may in any manner, alter no modify the terms & conditions of the Consignment Note.